Monday, April 28, 2008

Argument for Big-Girl Underwears

Right. So Friday was one of those days that was - how to put this delicately - craptacular. And since I like to share these days with everyone, I sent out a mass email to my friends and included my mom (she digs that). Because my friends are awesome, one of them even wrote a mini-play dramatizing my non-awesome day. Love her. But I digress.

So, I am outside on my way to pick up a salad and then maybe also some chips (spinach salad with tofu + kettle-cooked potato chips = 0 - they cancel each other out, right?) when my phone rings and I stop to take the call. Now, a little background: Friday was a glorious spring day, with blue skies and near 70 degree temperatures. Therefore, I was wearing a lovely sundress with my Frye biker boots and feeling sassy. Until a wind gust came whipping down west 44th street and gave me my own personal Seven Year Itch moment. However, unlike Ms. Monroe, who was undoubtedly wearing some gorgous lace or satin drawers, I remembered that I was wearing white cotton boy shorts with little blue rabbits on them that I'd purchased at the Gap after Easter for $1.99. And did I mention that the hot, tall, beat cop I've been eyeing was, like RIGHT across the street when this all happened? Yeah. So I think it is time I go shopping for some big girl underwear. Maybe next week I can learn to tie my shoes and color inside the lines.

No comments: