Friday, October 17, 2008

On Being A Girl

Being a girl has its advantages, like having boobs (the best accessory ever), but I find the biggest disadvantage has got to be hormones. Damn them! As I've been charting my migraines for the past 6 months I find that I DO in fact get a lot more of them during that special week. And I ask: how the #*@$$&% is that fair? I'm already eating everything in sight, tired, bloated, and developing zits in clusters resembling the islands of the Bahamas. I know I often write about migraines being unfair, because in those dark moments they feel genuinely unfair. They make me cancel plans and lie in bed in the dark listening to vintage Law & Order episodes. (On a side note, when I recently saw Sam Waterston on the street I wanted to hug him for being my comfort in those dark hours, but instead did the NYC thing and pretended I had better things to do).

So anyone out there have any success with hormone regulation and migraine abatement? I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been taking Mygrafew for a couple of months. It is a natural herb called feverfew. The first month was the same but when "the week" started I only had one M at the end of it. I usually get about 3 in that week. So I think the Migrafew may actually be helping. I'm glad I tried it. I guess we'll see next month how it goes.