Monday, January 19, 2009

A few more reasons to hope

One: I've heard the rumor that generic sumatriptan (Imitrex) is now on the market. This may be small news for those with excellent prescription plans, but for me this is reason to throw a parade! It boggles my mind that the stuff is so pricey to begin with, but my good friend B, a PhD candidate in a science field, reminds me that a LOT of research and funding goes into developing these drugs. And that even the funding spent on wining and dining doctors is a small piece of the overall budget pie. Ok, I'll buy that for now. I'll be heading to the pharmacy with scrip in hand to test the waters tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Two: Bourgeois Deviant passed on a website which postulated that magnesium chloride may help to ease migraines. You can read the original page here and I will be doing more research into this topic in the future for sure.

But for now, MG is off to brunch!

No comments: