Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Kicked in the butt by karma

Well, I never should've told a aingle soul that I hadn't had a migraine in 2 weeks because, guess what, I got one at 2:30am this morning. I hereby forbid anyone from inquiring into the state of my head from this day forth. Please!!! Luckily, I felt it coming on and went to bed early, and when I awoke at the early hour with that familiar pre-migraine intense pain and nausea I was prepared with Imitrex. I have discovered that 50mg is sufficient for most days, which is certainly a money-saver (those little triangles of salvation cost $25 each at full retail!).

...which brings me to my rant: why the heck is this stuff so expensive??? I fear that I am paying for the drug companies wining and dining of prominent doctors rather than for their years on research and development. I am hoping that the patent is up soon so that a generic may invade the marketplace. Such is the state of my wish list these days. Hope all are well and pain free!

2 comments:

Bourgeois Deviant said...

You hit the nail on the head! (This coming from a pharma rep.) Wining and dining and pointless budgets...

Bourgeois Deviant said...

Just wondering how you made it through the horrible weather change yesterday? My head was killing me so I'm scared you were down for the count as well.